Volunteer for the Family Nurturing Center
The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.
Whatever your talent or skill, you can benefit children and families in your community. Why volunteer? Quite simply, because we need you. And more importantly, the children and families in your community need you.
You can provide volunteer leadership and strategic direction for the agency. From a few hours a month to a few hours a day, there are many ways to help! Family Nurturing Center relies on the generous gifts of time and talent from individuals like you, because so many children and families rely on us. A myriad of volunteer opportunities exist at the Family Nurturing Center.
Direct service volunteers:
(1) Volunteers are needed to provide child care (birth-4 years) and assist in implementing children’s activities (4-8 years) during Nurturing Parenting Programs. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age and have taken certified babysitting course or equivalent. By providing free child care to families it eliminates the burden for families to secure child care enabling them to fully focus on the parenting class. Dates of classes run in quarterly increments normally 12-18 weeks in length, one night per week.
(2) Volunteers are needed to provide curriculum assistance to children’s groups during Nurturing Parenting Programs. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and comply with agency criminal background check requirements and stated belief in the agency’s mission. Dates of classes run in quarterly increments normally 12-18 weeks in length, one night per week.
Indirect service volunteers:
(1) Individual or groups can prepare meals for children and families attending agency programs. Most of our group sessions take place in the evening hours leaving parents rushing to feed children. Simple spaghetti dinners or casserole dishes are welcome. Please call 859-525-3200 for specific dates and number of clients.
(2) April is designated as National Child Abuse Prevention Month. Family Nurturing Center is a leader in Northern Kentucky to promote awareness and education through the Blue Ribbon Campaign. Volunteers are needed to assist with our annual Blue Ribbon Ceremony (normally held the first week of April) hosted the past few years by Tom Gill Chevrolet. Another opportunity is to promote the Blue Ribbon Campaign through the sales of enamel blue ribbon pins. Volunteers can display blue ribbons on trees and other public locations, or help distribute child abuse prevention literature at your place of employment, neighborhood, schools or church.
(3) Volunteers can host a Party with a Purpose or gift gathering party to help Family Nurturing Center fulfill our Wish List . Simply get your friends and family together for a party and ask them to bring a specific item to donate to our agency.
(4) Volunteers are needed on a potentially monthly basis to disinfect, clean and organize toys and other children’s items that are used by children at our facilities. This will help us to decrease the spread of germs and bacteria to children, their families, and our staff.
(5) Volunteers are needed to provide clerical assistance on a set quarterly basis for Child Abuse Treatment Services Director. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and comply with agency criminal background check requirements and stated belief in the agency’s mission. Clerical assistance includes creating Facilitator packets, use of copy machine, collating and organizing new client intake packets and parent folders during the months of January, April and August.
Fill out our Volunteer Form
Download Volunteer Form in Microsoft Word Format
Fill out our Board Application Form
Download Board Application Form in Microsoft Word Format