Nurturing Parenting Programs are family based parenting education programs that help families establish a nurturing way of life. Parents and children attend together so that all family members can benefit from participation in the program. The program is free and is offered in a variety of locations throughout the community. Pre-registration is required.
NURTURING PROGRAM FOR PARENTS WITH CHILDREN (AGES BIRTH – FOUR)
Begin early in your child’s life to develop sound discipline and nurturing skills. This 18 week program focuses on the unique developmental needs of young children and sets the foundation for nurturing and healthy family relationships. Parents learn skills in developmentally appropriate activities and expectations, nurturing touch, including infant massage, effective discipline techniques and alternatives to spanking and self-nurturing skills. Children participate in nurturing childcare designed to create a safe environment and build trust and self esteem in infants and young children.
NURTURING PROGRAM FOR PARENTS WITH CHILDREN (AGES 5-12)
This 15 week program is designed to increase parenting skills and promote healthy family life. Classes provide information and practical experience on a number of important topics, including: communication, establishing routines, positive discipline and self-nurturing. Children meet in separate, age appropriate groups and learn the same skills through entertaining and educational activities. Parents and children come together each week for a snack and family centered activity.
NURTURING PROGRAM FOR PARENTS WITH ADOLESCENT CHILDREN
This 12 week program helps strengthen relationships with parents and teens. The program addresses the specific needs and challenges faced in parenting adolescents. Topics include: nurturing communication strategies, negotiation and compromise, setting reasonable limits, recognizing and understanding each others’ needs, understanding adolescent development and increasing personal power, self-esteem and self-concept. Parents and adolescents meet separately for the beginning of the group, and then meet together for parenting and communication skills activities.
NURTURING PROGRAM FOR NON-CUSTODIAL/NON-RESIDENT PARENTS
Parents who do not live with their children can take these 12 week courses to gain skills needed to re-establish visitation and/or custody rights. Topics include communication, understanding child development, setting reasonable expectations, positive discipline, alternatives to spanking, establishing healthy routines and more.
NURTURING FATHER’S PROGRAM
The Nurturing Fathers Program is a unique program that is tailored to meet the learning styles of men and take into account cultural and societal norms that affect parenting. The program supports the importance of fathers (or a male role model) in the lives of children by showing how fathers teach little boys how to be men/fathers, and teach daughters how to relate to men and to know they deserve of love and respect in their relationship with men.
Summer 2017 Session of the Nurturing Parenting Programs
- The Nurturing Parenting Program for Parents with Children Ages Birth to 11 years starts Tuesday, May 9, 2017. This FREE class meets 2 ½ hours once a week for 14 weeks.
- The Nurturing Parenting Program for Parents with Teens starts Tuesday, May 9, 2017. This FREE class meets 2 ½ hours once a week for 12 weeks.
- The Non-Custodial Parenting Program will start Tuesday, May 9, 2017. This FREE class is for parents (adults only) who do not have their children living with them due to them being in foster care or divorce. This class meets 2 ½ hours once a week for 14 weeks.
- The Nurturing Fathers Program will start Tuesday, May 16, 2017. This FREE class is for fathers only. This class meets for 2 ½ hours once a week for 13 weeks.
All of our parenting programs are FREE for all parents and their children. We work with the entire family on topics such as, communication skills, family rules, child development, building empathy, need for consistency and so forth.
To register for these FREE classes contact Ashley Dunn at 859-538-1618, or email@example.com
PROFESSIONALS: Download a Nurturing Parenting Referral Form here.
For more information about our Prevention Programs, contact Carol Lapin, Director of Prevention Services at 859-538-1614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About Us
- Support Us
- Contact Us
Nurturing Parenting Programs Outcomes
- Served 713 children and adults, and provided more than 8,700 hours of service.
- 80% of parents who completed Nurturing Parenting Program demonstrated effective parenting skills appropriate to child's level of development.
- 80% of parents who reported using corporal punishment prior to attending this parenting program, reported practicing alternatives to corporal punishment after completing the program.
- 92% of parents/caregivers not currently involved in their child's school increased their involvement after completing the ABC program.
Help Us End Child Abuse
Your donation is essential for our mission to end the cycle of child abuse.